A quote from Disney’s CEO, Michael Eisner …
“A brand is a living entity - and it is enriched or undermined cumulatively over time, the product of a thousand small gestures”
Let’s start a list:
- Are you smiling when you answer the phone?
- If you say you’ll call back in 2 hours, which happens more often … a 90 minute callback or a 3 hour callback?
- Do you use “www” in your URL like everbody else or are you “geek cool“?
- Did you actually put thought into the difference between the fonts that you use in headlines vs. body text?
- Do you reinforce your own brand by giving your employees computer wallpaper?
Keep going until your list contains a thousand (or ten thousand, or a hundred thousand) small gestures. When you get to the end, you’ll have a living, breathing (and powerful) entity …. your brand.